
I always thought that I should write some kind of self-help book and make buckets of money. Come up with some basic system and make everyone think it was profound. A library co-worker and I used to throw ideas at each other - he wanted to write about what your library books say about you. I thought of Pooh, Winnie that is.
My idea is to study people based on which character in Pooh they like and identify with. My older sister is a Piglet fan. And like Piglet she worries about what people think and wants to please, but she always has that sort of hopeful tone. My younger sister loves Tigger and that fits her perfectly. She's volatile and quick with the emotions and then she gets over it. I don't know that I'd call her bouncy, trouncy, but she is fun, fun, fun. People love to go out with her because they know she'll have a good time and so will they. My mom's an Eeyore. Slightly cynical and convinced something bad is probably coming but lovable all the same.
Me, I'm a Pooh. Kind of clueless about a lot of things, but happy to just keep getting along. Like Piglet, Pooh experiences anxious moments about the situations he gets into, but he doesn't dwell. And though I'm a worrier (my motto is to imagine the worst so the reality ain't so bad), I also think I'm a fairly sunny person. Pooh and I worry but we also figure it will all work out somehow and there's no point in not looking for the next good thing. Oh, and the potential emptiness in my belly takes up a lot of my time too.
So which Pooh character are you? Anyone identify with Rabbit? Christopher Robin? I'll use all of you as research for my book.
I read "tao of pooh" years ago, I vaguely remember it being about how Pooh is a zenlike figure and how his reactions can teach us about life and how to deal with it. I would have to say I am a "tigger" always bouncing around trying to have a fun time in life. I do like the 'pooh' description too though, I feel pretty laid back at times. So I guess that makes me a "tigpo"
K
Anonymous said...
5:09 PM
I think "Tao" had more to do with taoism, but it did tie into the characters.
Personality test was more along the lines of what I was thinking. Everybody loves to find out what type they are.
K has the idea, she's a Tigpo. And though I'm like Pooh I'd also say I've got some Owl in me, so maybe I'm an Powl? Or include some of my Piglet tendencies and I'm a Powlpig?
Hmmm, I think I need to work on this.
Anonymous said...
9:54 AM
Ahoy there! (scary, quoting Anthony),
So i think I am a Roo x Eeyore = Rooyore? Eeroo?
My husband is a Rabbit x Robin = Rabbin? Robbit?
Daughter is a Tigger x Kanga = Tigga? Kantig?
Son is totally PIGLET. Sweetie.
Dogs are also just plain piglets. Little sweet boys.
The Laundress said...
7:08 PM